Savannah (Ius) Hopkinson
Photojournalist / Writer
The Daily Universe - Provo, UT
July 2017 - Present
As a photographer for The Daily Universe, my responsibilities center around providing visuals for a variety of beats and different reporters including, but not limited to, sports, life, campus, politics and metro stories. Portfolio of photos available upon request.
- Capture accurate photographs for news stories
- Create original photo story ideas
- Work scheduled hours as well as appear at events outside of hours when necessary
- Edit and organize photos using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
Site manager intern
More Good Foundation - Orem, UT
May - August 2017
As a site manager I was responsible for creating content for both Famous Mormons and Mormon Music as well as handling site design and running the various social media accounts for each site.
- Create consistent articles and content for Famous Mormons and Mormon Music
- Report on news stories relevant to the target audience
- Schedule posts for social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook
- Review and analyze social media analytics on a weekly basis
- Organize appearance of Famous Mormons website
Kennedy Marketing Group - San Clemente, CA
August 2016 - July 2017
The role of a proofer involves thoroughly checking and re-checking marketing materials for car dealerships around the country and requesting revisions all while working on tight deadlines in order to meet drop dates.
- View and proof each round of marketing materials checking for grammatical and factual errors
- Review phone numbers, names, addresses and website information for accuracy
- Respond to each proof with necessary revisions or sign off
- Give approval for final printing and mailing of marketing materials
Design Dazzle - Alpine, UT
August 2016 - September 2017
While working as a writing assistant, a variety of different jobs and tasks were assigned and handled. Some of these jobs include writing and researching for a wide variety of blog posts, creating and managing the weekly newsletter and subscribers and handling some of the editing and resizing of photographs to meet site size requirements.
- Write articles and posts covering topics such as travel, home decor, health and crafts
- Compose and manage the sending of weekly newsletters to subscribers
- Handle the sorting and management of email subscribers
- Edit and resize photos and media to fit within the website requirements